Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Retreat!

I’m going on a retreat this weekend with Natalie. Nope, not a scrapbooking retreat although I am bringing scrapbooking projects along. This is a quilting retreat. I can hear you all now laughing hysterically and you need to stop. I have made a quilt; I made one for Campbell’s crib. I also have another one started, and then I had to put my sewing machine away for something and never got it out again. (Another reason I need a craft room.) I enjoyed most of the process. I didn’t like the perfection aspect of quilting. I think this is why I like to scrapbook each page is unique and what ever you add is the “you” factor. There is no wrong way. Anyway I am bringing a quilting project along since I will have experts around for over 24 hours I thought I might as well make use of them. I’m going to attempt a “turning 20” quilt. I think I could get it all cut out and the front completed in this weekend. If I get to frustrated I have a gift project that I’m working on. Would love to share but the recipient might actually read my blog.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Helllooooo??!! retreat update!