Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Lori!


My college roommate turned 40 on St. Patrick's Day. Doesn't she look good! I have been planning to surprise her for lunch since January so besides the Friday before my birthday party this is the only day I have actually asked for off in January. Then her sister decided to have a surprise birthday party for her the Saturday before. So I decide to go down for that. Then my DH decides that I can't go out two nights in a row I need to choose either Friday after work (which has been planned for 3 week) or Lori's party. Since the work group was already giving me a little grief because I have been the one to leave early the last few times I knew I couldn't skip that. And I'm sure that was the one Brian was hoping I would forgo. I had Lori's birthday off so I knew I would still see her. It worked out great. I'm sure that she had no idea about it. I walked into her office and she was expecting her mom and dad. We had a great lunch. I got to hear how Mike is reacting to being an expecting dad. It's just like I knew it would be, he is just as nervous as Brian was the first time. They are both overprotective and worry about all the little things that you really can't do anything about. I was a little disappointed that she didn't have a baby bump yet, but I will see her again with one I know I will.

No comments: