Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Neighborhood Get Together Will We or Won't We?




In September we decided to have a Neighborhood progressive party. I'm not sure when we picked the date but we decided December 5th. Close to Thanksgiving I hadn't heard anything about it so I e-mailed one of my neighbors. I would have emailed all three addresses that I have but 2 of them have came back to me in the past. Tammy sent out the email that she couldn't do it the weekend we had picked. Could we do it one of the next 2. One couple couldn't on the 19th & 20th and Brian and I had plans for both the 12th and 13th. But lets see what I can do. I moved my night out on the 12th. We were good to go. Nope we weren't 2 other couples couldn't make it. Lets do a night out and have the progressive dinner in January. Sounds good to all. If we eat downtown we could meet up with one of the couples that couldn't make it and have after dinner drinks. Montage? Nope they don't have any reservations for that night. The Stuffed Olive? Nope they don't take reservations. Toad's doesn't take reservations but they should be able to get us a table at 6:30, and the girl we talked to was the nicest by far. We are going to Toad's and there will be 4 couples with another one meeting us after dinner. Then we get the e-mail that one couple has a sick child they might not make it. Then another one has a sick child and they might not make it. Are we cancelling yet? No we will play it by ear. The Krohns can go but the Roses can't. We get our table around 7. We had a great time. I felt like I really got to know Tammy and Juli more. I saw how tired 10 hour days at John Deere make you feel. Brady and Chris came later and Brady stories kept us in stitches for a while. We got to connect with the neighborhood again which we hadn't done since Halloween. The pictures above are the group that could go. The one with Brian is a little dark in front because I was taking the picture through a fence and the fence blocked the flash. But it came out better than Brian thought it would. Hopefully in January we will get the progressive meal together.

2 comments:

Kim said...

OK I give, what is a progressive party and/or progressive meal?

Heidi said...

A progressive meal/party is when each house hosts a part. Way fun when it is in your neighborhood and don't have to worry about driving. I have Desserts in January so if you have a brillant one let me know.