Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

It turned out to be a fabulous weekend. We actually left for the cabin on Friday. The first time ever! We got to the cabin around 9 after packing, eating and stopping at Wal-Mart. I brought my camera up to get familiar and use my two new filters. Brian and his dad got the good pontoon in around 10. While they were doing that and the boys were in bed I started to make some cards but ran out of adhesive (I so hate that!). Saturday dawned cloudy and cool but by the time all our guests got there it was sunny. We had Brian's parents, his sister Kris and their boys, and the Moore family minus Lizzie come up. After lunch the adventurous ones rode the jet skis while the rest of us rode the pontoon toward the dam. After turning around we stopped at the beach where the kids had a blast getting as wet as possible. Only one of them had a suit on, I really thought it was too cold to get in the water. Jamison learned how to fill his fish water can with the hose after we came back (outfit number 2 of 5). Brian's family left around supper time and while the kids ran amok we sat on the deck and enjoyed some adult conversation and adult drinks. We so need to plan an adult day up there. After the Moore's left (no idea what time) we started another fire to burn more branches of the tree limb that crashed into our dock and took a chunk out of it. Jamison and I had another s'more. Fire and little boys equal outfit number 3. We have been looking for recipes of other things for Campbell to make since he doesn't like marshmallows. We found some but we have to buy some pie irons. Bedtime for me and the boys, Brian headed over to the adult bonfire at the Gaede's.

Sunday was family day we took it easy and piddled around the cabin before lunch. We took a pontoon ride and since the lake was relatively quiet I practiced captaining the pontoon. I was much more successful in this endeavor than when I captained the boat at Branson when I was 11. (This story is one for a night of drinking or when my brothers decide to embarrass me!) Any way since we failed to put sunscreen on the boys and even with sun glasses on I couldn't open my eyes fully we headed back to the cabin. We were going to load the car and head into town to eat around 1. We made a pit stop before eating to look at a 2004 Glastron ski boat for sale. Forty-five minutes and the loss of one kid to dreamland we got to the drive-thru of Hardee's.
When we got home Campbell and Brian headed to his parents so Campbell could plant his garden. Jamison and I followed after he ate and I took my Sunday nap. We had outdoor movie night in the neighborhood at dusk. We saw "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. It is very good. Every child sat through the whole movie. For once Brian went home with Jamison, Campbell and I hung around until midnight. Campbell on the tramp with his friends and me around the fire with the adults. Our next neighborhood outing is Friday. The bowling bus is coming to pick us up for bowling and pizza. I hope we get bumpers as adults too. I'm not as good at real bowling as I am on Wii.

Monday Brian had to clean an apartment so the boys and I had a pajama day until lunch. We played Wii (I lost boxing to an almost 3 yr old) I lost everything we played to Campbell. When it wasn't my turn I made 28 cards. My card file is stocked for girl cards now I need to make some manly ones. Monday I also worked on the baby quilt I have to complete. I might get it done except for binding this next weekend. I'm only going to one graduation party out of 3 this weekend. Oh one other thing I did Monday was sign up for a photography class. I found one that I can do when I have time and it was under $100. I have my first assignment due, I received a 100% on the quiz questions. I'm anxious to hear what they say about the pictures I send them. You get constructive criticism and access to IM a professional photographer. I will upload pictures from the weekend tomorrow night I need to go to bed now.

No comments: