Monday, January 5, 2009

Do I look unfit?

You know how you go along in life thinking you are a healthy, fit person and then something comes along to wake you from that dream? Or changes that dream to a nightmare? Well, my nightmare inducer is my great Christmas present, my WiiFit.
Why I thought I had to have one of these is beyond me. Why do I need a machine to tell me I am overweight and mention that I need to exercise daily? I know that! The simplest activity on this thing makes me so sore I can’t walk right for two days! Please tell me what muscle do you use when you hula-hoop? I didn’t think you should use any but apparently you use your side ab muscles for this activity. I ROCK on this by the way. I actually have 3 out of 4 stars on this workout.

Another area that I Rock – Yoga. Can’t believe that because the one yoga class I took bored me and I wanted to pull my hair out because of that music. Luckily, they don’t play music on WiiFit. I can crank my big hair ‘80s music while I torture myself. Any way most of the Yoga poses I am again 3 out of 4 stars. Two I even got 100% of the full 4 stars. But how bad of balance do you have if you can’t do the Warrior pose. I’ll have to see if Campbell can do it. He needs to work on the balance too. But to encourage me to keep going we are getting a team together for LiveHealthyiowa let me know if you want to join our team.

No comments: