Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picture Not Taken (and you'll see why!)

Jamison and I have the same temperament. I sometimes think Brian is a little hard on him because he is not as quite and agreeable as Campbell was. Then we have nights like this. I made some Chicken Fettuccine from scratch. Very easy recipe but dicing raw chicken not going to happen again. Yew! Any way we sit down to dinner and I'm eating my noodles and I then butter a slice of bread. Jamison of course wants some because he is a carb. guy. Brian tells him to eat the one noodle on his fork. "NO" I tell him to eat the noodle on his fork. "NO. I want butter toast." Not until you eat the noodle. Ten minutes later he is still asking for butter toast and that noodle is on his fork. I offer him a choice. Eat the noodle or sit in the bathroom for time out (I'll explain my thinking on the bathroom as a time out place sometime.) He chose the bathroom or that is how I understood him throwing the fork across his plate. So we went into the bathroom. Two minutes later "Do you want to eat your noodles now." No! Want to stay in the bathroom? Yes. I shut the door and hear screaming for the rest of my meal. We then proceed to tell me we have to poo in the potty. . . then we don't (dressed again) then we do. I'm not handling this well. I'm not getting through. Does he know what yes and no means? When he is being stubborn I don't think so. The noodle was in his mouth for a half hour after Brian let him out of the bathroom. It was never swallowed. Jamison went to bed at 7 p.m. This is also punishment for me because we will both be up at 4 if not earlier. I need a SuperNanny intervention! Everyone write in for me, I'm a horrible mom!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You have to love, love, L O V E the fortitude of a young kid who doesn't wanna eat somethin...how come that doesn't last til you're old like me and need, need, N E E D that fortitude to keep my butt from gettin bigger?!

It's funny tho Heidi Hoodalay, I have my time outs in the bathroom too ;0)