Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 9th

We went bowling with the Roses tonight. Brian and Jason bowled 5 games. Michelle and I bowled 3 and the kids bowled 1. So for us a family of 4 our night was only $13 for 3 hours of entertainment. Tuesday is buck night. Buck shoes and Buck games of bowling. So the men are pretty evenly matched. The kids rock with the bumpers. Jamison loves to bowl and he was second high at 76, Campbell was right behind him at 74. The last time we went bowling Jamison pulled out a 101.

But the reason I am documenting this day in the life is my pathetic attempt at bowling on this night. First game I beat Michelle by one point and we both made it over 100. Our second game Michelle beat me by 4 again both over 100. Our sad story is on the 3rd game. After the first 4 frames I had the high score of 6. Yes you read correctly 6. It shouldn't have even been this high but God was smiling on me and bounced my ball out of the gutter on two occasions to knock down the corner pin. So on this game Michelle trounced me I did not beat any of the children in scoring. I walked away with a score of 61. Just 1 more pin and I would have tied the lowest kids score but I could not pull it out. I even had a spare in the game. You guessed it I followed that with a gutter ball. Next time I am requesting bumpers too! I tried using a 10 lb ball then I went to an eight pound ball in the end to get that spare I used the 6 pound ball that Jamison had been throwing down the alley. I so hope I do better next time we go or they turn out the lights so I can say that it was one of the boys that had an off night.

No comments: