Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas is coming

Did you guys know that we only have 44 days to Christmas shop as of Tuesday? I’m giving us all the benefit of the doubt that we are not shopping at the convenience stores on Christmas day. I have only bought 3 presents for a total of $3 so far. I’m a shopping fool aren’t I?

Seriously, I want to know what happened to me. I used to love to Christmas shop and would be almost be done by Thanksgiving. Now I don’t like to shop and am struggling to start by Thanksgiving.

My love/hate relationship with gift cards is getting bigger. How about you guys? I love to get them, they are easy to give but I hate to watch my nieces and nephews open them. It can’t be any fun as a kid to get a gift card, can it? As a teen it might be a different story when all you want is clothes or big ticket items. When you give them you never get to see what they get with them. Did they blow it on something dumb? Did they combine gift cards and get something they love and will treasure? As an adult did they save it for something special or did they use it on something practical that they needed? This year I told my brothers that I wasn’t giving gift cards so their children have to have a list. This might stress me out a little more but at least I will get to enjoy watching them open my present.

No comments: