Thursday, January 17, 2013

Resolutions

Of course everyone makes resolutions for the new year.  I decided to go a little crazy this year and take two year long classes at Big Picture Classes. The first one is Move More, Eat Well.  Cathy Z is sharing our experience of getting out and moving more and eating well plus documenting it all year.

To help me move more I purchased one of these. If you have one of these, let me know I want to link with you so I can compete.  I am doing good for my Nike Fuel as I have exceeded my daily goal by 50 to 75% every day.  But what I don't understand is what they use to measure how active you are. Yesterday I walked with Tammy for an hour, walked on both my 15 minute breaks for the full 15 minutes and they tell me I was "Active" for 11.59 minutes. My last two pedometers told me I walked at a moderate pace most of my walking time. And when I walked with Tammy it was 34 degrees with 10 mile winds. When we walked facing the wind we were not slow. So how hard do I have to work to get more active than 11.59 minutes?  Get one and tell me.

Since January 7th I have been moving at least 30 minutes a day.  I have also been to Jazzercise a couple of times. I need to get there regularly though. I am going to work on that. Eating well yeah not so much. I am a stress eater and work is stressing me out but that is for another day! Next time!

No comments: