Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Big Black Bus

Coming home for the Creating Keepsakes Convention we stopped in Ankeny for supper. After a very successful weekend we were happily tired and a little on the cash depleted side so we stopped at Burger King. Now don't get me wrong BK is one of my all time favorite places to eat but memories are being made here and BK is not the background you would first choose for those memories. Or so we thought. We are sitting down with our meals in a window booth when I see a big black bus pull up. Then about 30 guys getting out of the bus. Based on the black school bus with the tinted window my first thought is prison work release. No guards. My next thought is Bachelor party but seriously would you stop at BK for that? Again the memory thing. Then they are all pretty much wearing jeans and t-shirts or khakis and polos, work crew that is just starting? It is driving me crazy that I didn't ask. Rachael puts a remark similar to this on Facebook. "Heidi wanted to end our weekend partying with the guys on the big black bus but I said if we want to come back that might not be a good idea." Great laugh and a great memory so maybe we should picture some of those memories at fast food restaurants. Who knows maybe those guys in the big black bus already know that and were starting out the bachelor party there for that reason.

No comments: