Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Miss You Already

My last living grandparent passed away today and I miss her already. I remember her trying to teach me how to sew, because my mom wasn't very good at it. You could tell she just wanted to do it herself but she let me make a few mistakes. She always had cookies or a treat for us. After hearing us girls giggle for about an hour and a half she would come in and recommend that we go to sleep soon. I feel so fortunate to have seen her this last weekend and to know that I got to tell her how much I love her. I know that she is happier now because she is with grandpa but my heart aches knowing she won't be there when we go to Schleswig anymore. Grandma God Bless and tell grandpa Hi from us.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Again, I'm sooo, sooo sorry Heidi. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Life is short...
Love is long.